Terms and Conditions
• No entry fee
• “Rhetorics of Resentement” exhibition will take place at Carmel by The Green, located near Bethnal Green tube station, from February 23rd until April 23., with a Private View event on February 23rd. All dates will be confirmed.
• Entrants are not guaranteed inclusion in the exhibition by submitting an entry. Depending on the number and the quality of the entries received, the work of an entrant may or may not be curated into the final display.
• Selected artists will be notified by January 19th and artwork must be delivered to Carmel by The Green by February 13th. Artists may either ship their work directly to the gallery or arrange to have it printed in London, and are responsible for costs incurred with either method. Works that arrive at Carmel by the Green after February 13th cannot be guaranteed to be exhibited in the show.
• Selected artists are encouraged to have their works framed. Berlin Photography Diary can supply resources for obtaining inexpensive, ready-made frames in London. Large, unframed works will be pinned to the walls.
• If selected artists desire to have their work printed in London, Berlin Photography Diary can provide a list of trusted printers. However, Berlin Photography Diary will not be responsible for ensuring the quality of the prints. Any works printed through such an arrangement will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the independent printer, and we encourage artists who choose this route to begin working with a printer as soon as possible.
• All photographers must be 18 years or older worldwide and enter by submitting their own, original work. Berlin Photography Diary (BPD) welcomes submissions from, and exhibits work of emerging as well as established photographers.
• By entering, entrants automatically accept the conditions of the call; they grant Berlin Photography Diary and Carmel by The Green non-exclusive right to use and reproduce submitted photographs (with the name of the photographer and the title of the work indicated) for promotional (e.g.: website and social media page of the Gallery, catalogue) and exhibition purposes. No royalties or compensation will be paid for these purposes. All copyrights and ownership of the works are retained by the photographer. Entrants assume and accept all legal and financial responsibility for any infringement on the privacy rights or copyright of others, caused by creating or presenting their work in public. Berlin Photography Diary retains the right to exclude from the exhibition entries that violate the conditions of the call and ones that violate any human or privacy rights.
• All works will be available for sale during the exhibition, and a 20% commission will be taken on any sales, which will go to the editors and curators who have organized the show. Selected artists will set the price of their own works.
• After the exhibition’s closure, the artists will be contacted by Berlin Photography Diary to arrange for the collection or return of unsold works.
• Berlin Photography Diary archives all photography exhibitions electronically, allowing us to promote our exhibiting photographers to curators, collectors as well as the viewing public.
• PREPARE YOUR IMAGES
• All layers must be flattened.
• Images must follow the following format: 8 bit JPEG; Adobe RGB or sRGB; longest dimension maximum 1280 pixels (preferred width for landscape orientation: 1000 pixels; preferred height for portrait orientation: 775 pixels); 72 dpi; maximum 2 MB. Please include a maximum of three (3) works.
• An image title is required upon upload, as well as an artist statement of up to 500 words.
• Please submit your images by e-mail to: email@example.com, indicating the theme of the exhibition in the subject line.
• In the body of your submission e-mail please include
• your full name;
• your city and country (with state abbreviation if USA);
• your portfolio link (if any);
• the exhibition theme;
• titles of all included photos with the corresponding file names (in case of a series, please number the photos of the series, and indicate the title of the series, if it has one);
• the actual or desired print size (in centimeters or inches) of each photograph
• FILE NAMING
• For example lee_s_BPD_hate_2.jpg
• No symbols or spaces in the file names
• TITLES AND DESCRIPTIONS
• Titles are required at the time of upload. The description area is for a brief statement, description of an alternative process, unusual size or installation etc.
Please contact the Berlin Photography Diary editors Ariana and Alice with your inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org